Friday, October 15, 2010

The Wiggle Dress begins!

So last night my friend Carli, who is in the fashion program at Iowa State, helped me out with creating my second Halloween costume! I'm creating a 1940's-WW2esque wiggle dress! I found a thing on how to turn a sweatshirt into a pencil skirt and since Orpheus Descending was set in the 40's a lot of the skirts for the costumes were super-high waisted and I fell in love with the look, so instead of a pencil skirt on my hips I move it up several inches. My inspiration:




We work for several hours and we got quite a bit done! I owe her sooooooo much!!! I don't have pictures of the process because we were working constantly but I promise I will get some when I work on it again! I can't wait to see how it turns out!


Until next time, happy stitching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment