Thursday, August 2, 2012

Long Overdue Update

I'm seeing a pattern with my updates. I get really upbeat about projects at the beginning of the month and then by the end of the month I have a whole bunch of half finished projects and only 2 blog posts hahaha.

Recently though, I have been sick and have been catching up on life but here is an update on what I have been up to recently! One thing I finished a while ago but forgot to post was a blanket for my friend Dave. He was always complaining that he couldn't ever fit under any blankets because he was too tall (6 foot 4) so I took that as a challenge to make him on what he could use while having both his head and his feet covered! Here is the end result:


Yes that is my colorful bedroom... I like color...

Also recently Dave and I joined one of his classmates at grad school and her boyfriend for a glass blowing class. It was a ton of fun! Who would've thought stepping out of the studio into the 90-something heat of the afternoon would've felt cool to us?? But yet it did! It was a ton of fun! Dave made a vase while the rest of us made bowls. His friend, Molly's, design was soooooo cool! It came out looking like a cherry tree just about to blossom, so pretty! Here is my bowl:


Well once I finish my current projects I will keep you guys updated! Also I have a tutorial in the works that is super fun! Until then happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love both the blanket and your glass project! I've always wanted to give a try at glass blowing. I have a lot of admiration for those who can do it.

    ReplyDelete