Monday, January 7, 2013

Back to the Grind

Well the holidays are over (I still have many gifts yet to finish/send out) and everyone is getting back to the grind! I was working on so many Christmas gifts I didn't make much for myself or my Etsy (I will have a post after all gifts are sent out with all the gifts I made). I did make a super awesome New Year's Eve dress for my sister though!

We saw this dress at Anthropologie:


It was only $90 so not bad, but it wasn't completely what she was looking for. She wanted some sparkle. I had remembered seeing a pattern that was very similar (Simplicity 4070) and figured we could check out the fabric and create one even cooler.

Here was our end product:


We used a tulle/sequin overlay and a gorgeous teal taffeta for the dress. I thought she looked amazing and it was just the one of a kind dress she was looking for.

Until next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment